Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Second Week Weigh In

Starting Weight: 256
Current Weight: 249.8
Total Lost: 6.2
Next Goal: 10% starting body weight (25lbs) 10% of weight to be lost 12lbs

Again, not really tearing it up, am I? Less than two pounds for week two. Saturday night probably sabotaged me a bit, but man this is going slow.

If you notice, I changed my first goal. I was thinking that smaller goals might be better. And also, the goal of losing 10% of your starting weight is a one time thing. If I decide how much I want to lose (126lbs based on where I want to end up), then I have a concrete end goal and I can gauge how far along that path I am by tracking increments. So 12lbs (rounding down because 120lbs is good too) is 10% of what I want to lose. When I've lost 36lbs, I'll know that I'm 30% of the way to the end.

With the way this is going, it's going to be Thanksgiving before I reach the first goal, and probably well into March to reach the second one. If I keep the 2lbs/week thing up, then we're looking at over a year for the whole thing. And that's assuming no slip-ups, plateaus, or breaks. Lovely.

And yes, I know that whole "you didn't put it on overnight so you can't expect to take it off that quickly." Bah.

Positive thought for the day/week: I'm still losing not gaining, and I even made room within my points for movie popcorn.

No comments:

Let's give it a shot. Mostly weight loss/gain related....