Wednesday, October 17, 2007

First Week Weigh In

Starting Weight: 256
Current Weight: 251.4
Total Lost: 4.6
Next Goal: 10% starting body weight (25lbs)

Not at all what I wanted to see. I gained a pound from the day before. Yeah, I know - it's the dangers of weighing yourself everyday, but I need that constant monitoring to keep myself motivated. It also makes me look at my methods. I'm guessing that I've missed points somewhere. The last time I did WW, I was very strict with the points and constantly kept myself two or three points below my minimum for my weight. It kept me hungry, but the weight loss was good. I thought this time around that I should stick with the point range for my weight, and not stress too much about it. The thinking was that if I keep this as a lifestyle choice, then me having a few points more today to keep me from being hungry was better than starving for awhile with the intention of "going back to normal" eventually.

Basically, I'm trying to make this normal. I'll give it a few more weeks before I make a decision, but I gotta tell you - having such a low number for the first week of a diet gives room for all those little voices to come back. You know the kind:
"Just eat whatever you want because you're always going to be fat."
"If this is what life is going to be like - hungry all the time and miserable, then just forget it and go back to what you like."

I guess it's better than gaining weight, and probably all I could expect for my age and activity level. At some point, I need to put some exercise back in. The problem is finding a way to do that so that it's sustainable in my life.

No comments:

Let's give it a shot. Mostly weight loss/gain related....